Pest control is necessary for quite a few reasons, but for homeowners, the primary reason is to keep harmful pests out of your home. Unfortunately, many people do not reach out to a pest control company until they already have an infestation of pests. Reactive treatments will eliminate the issue, but the best way to keep insects and rodents out is by taking preventive action. By being proactive, you can make your home pest-free and keep it that way.
The best way to be proactive is regular pest treatments. Here at Eco-Safe Natural Pest Control, we offer a Quarterly Service program where our experienced Pest Professionals will treat everything inside, the outside up to eight feet away from the foundation, and any attics or crawl spaces you may have. This puts up a barrier all the way around your home and keeps it up year-round by treating every three months. With our competitive rates and affordable pricing, Dallas natural organic pest control does not have to be expensive to be effective.
Though recurring service is the best way to be proactive, there are many things you can do yourself as a homeowner to prevent insects from crawling their way inside.
Below are the easiest steps you can take to prevent infestations in your Dallas home:
- Keep floors and counters clean and clear of crumbs or any other food products. Using a cleaner that contains bleach will help remove any trails insects, especially ants, may leave.
- Throw out cardboard boxes once you are done with them – they provide food and a hiding place for roaches.
- Plug up your sink and tub drains when leaving home for an extended period of time or when it rains – rain can drive roaches inside and that includes through plumbing voids.
- Consistently empty the water reserve trays under your refrigerator.
- Vacuum all flooring on a regular basis to remove any insects or eggs that could be hiding in the carpet or between your floorboards.
- Take the trash out on a regular basis and clean out the trash can underneath the bag to ensure no crumbs or insects stragglers get left behind.
- Make sure all windows are screened and any holes in your screens are repaired as soon as possible.
- Use caulk or foam to seal up any cracks or crevices from the outside.
- Ensure that all weather-stripping is in good condition and is creating the proper seal
Taking these steps will greatly reduce any pest activity you have inside by limiting their access to food and shelter as well as physically restricting them from entering your home. Even though Texas summers are filled with bugs, your home does not have to be. If you have a pest infestation or are interested in pest prevention, call or text our office at 214-358-5201 to speak with a licensed Pest Professional and schedule a free inspection today!